Official data reveals 225 people have been so far killed in Mexico after a 7.1-magnitude earthquake struck on Tuesday.
According to Civil Protection director Luis Felipe Puente 94 people have been killed in Mexico City while 71 in Morelos and 43 in Puebla.
The toll may rise as people are still trapped in the rubble of the collapsed buildings. Even some more structures are said to be in danger of collapsing.
If taken into consideration the figure of Cuauhtemoc borough chief Ricardo Monreal about two dozen buildings seems to collapse anytime.
A total of 45 buildings collapsed in Mexico City and Mayor Miguel Angel Mancera said about 500 buildings need inspection by safety officials.
Education secretary said 2,224 schools in ten states have been damaged.
The worst hit municipality was Atzala in the state said Puebla Governor Antonio Gali Fayad where a church dine collapsed and 11 people attending a baptism were buried in the debris.
Guerrero Governor Hector Astudillo said Atenango del Rio, Huitzuco, Copalillo and Tepecocuilco were the worst affected.
National Seismological Service revealed 23 aftershocks followed the strong earthquake and the strongest was of 4-magnitude.
Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) said 85 percent power was restored by 7.00 a.m. local time adding that 4.8 million homes and business houses were affected by the power cut.
The Tuesday’s earthquake had an epicenter 12 kilometers southeast of Axochiapan, Morelos.