Female suicide bombers killed about eight people attacking two displaced persons camps in northeastern Nigerian city Maiduguri, which is the birthplace of Boko Haram extremist insurgency.
The blast occurred on Sunday night and fifteen people were injured too.
It is believed the attacks were conducted by Nigeria-based extremist group Boko Haram as they have been targeting the cities with mostly female suicide bombers.
Late last year the Nigerian government declared the country has been completely freed from the Islamic extremist group, but dozens of attacks still have been carried out since the announcement.
Few days ago the country’s army chief of staff issued a 40-day deadline for troops to crush out the leaders of the extremist group and finish off them entire network completely.
He added one of the female suicide attacker sneaked into the Dalori camp to detonate while the other two blasted on or near the perimeter fence of the displaced persons camp.
The eight-year insurgency of Boko Haram has killed over 20,000 people and kidnapped thousands of others.
Meanwhile, it is also revealed the country is moving closer to famine. It is being said by August over five million people may face crisis.
Over the years the displaced person’s camps have been under threats, even from Nigeria’s own military.
Air force mistakenly bombed a camp earlier this year in January in the town of Rann. Government report said more than 230 people were killed.
Very recently the Nigerian military said the camp was not safe as humanitarian base.