Magazine

Shocking moment Australian woman jumped onto a moving train after platform argument, fell under it and SURVIVED

A “stupid” woman had a miraculous survival after jumping onto a moving freight train as it passed through a station in Australia. The Australian woman was captured on CCTV sitting on the platform arguing with a man before hurling herself onto a freight train as it passed. The incident occurred on Wednesday 28th December, 2011, just after 11pm at Springwood Station in the Blue Mountains, as two friends were waiting for the last train home. Footage of the incident has only just emerged online, however. As the train passes through the station, the girl makes the inexplicable decision to attempt to jump on it, reports news.com.au. But she falls between carriages and ends up on the track. The girl needed stitches in her head and back but was released from hospital the day after the incident. Speaking to Yahoo7, train driver of 40 years Dave Mathie said: “I am absolutely stunned that a) anyone would consider doing that and then having done it survive it, that just takes my breath away. “[Chances of] survival would be a million to one.” Officers told the site they were stunned by her stupidity, but decided not to charge her, saying she had already learned the hard way that it wasn’t a good idea to say the least. AOL News

Read More »

Children possessed by 200 demons ‘levitated’ and walked backwards over walls in front of hospital staff

A nine-year-old boy walked backwards up a wall and ceiling as startled medical staff looked on after his mother claimed he and his two siblings had been possessed by demons, according to official reports. Haunted: Latoya Ammons, pictured, underwent exorcisms after she was ‘possessed by demons’ The unlikely-sounding event was detailed in official documents after a child services case worker and a nurse both said they saw the boy ‘glide’ backwards on the floor, wall and ceiling. Both were shocked to see the boy apparently float after their mother had been subject to months of scepticism when she claimed her home in Gary, Indiana, was haunted and all three of her children were possessed by demons. Latoya Ammons said her 12-year-old daughter also levitated in the home, and all three of her children showed signs of being possessed including ‘evil’ smiles and unnaturally deep voices, according to the Indianapolis Star. Miss Ammons’ home was officially exorcised by a catholic priest who said the ceremonies were officially authorized by the Diocese of Gary. Police also observed strange goings on at the house and a captain of the city’s force has said he ‘is a true believer’ that the house is haunted. After a string of apparent paranormal events at the house hardened police officers – including the local captain – even declared themselves too frightened to stay there after nightfall and numerous city officials refused to go to the property. Mother-of-three Ms Ammons, 32, said she was only rid of the spirits that haunted her family’s home in Gary after she moved away and underwent multiple exorcisms and police dug under the house to check for graves. The Indianapolis Star obtained hundreds of pages of official documents and carried out more than a dozen interviews with police, the Department of Child Services, psychologists, relatives and a priest to uncover the bizarre details – which seem like something straight out of a horror movie. Gary Police Captain Charles Austin told the paper that he had initially be skeptical of the family’s claims, but after conducting interviews and visiting the home, he now admits: ‘I am a believer.’ The story began when the Ammons family – Latoya, her mother, Rosa Campbell, and three children – moved into the rental house on Carolina Street in November 2011. Soon after, they began noticing odd incidents, such as flies swarming the house throughout December, footsteps in the basement and wet bootprints across the living room floor, Ammons said. But the terror stepped up on March 10, 2012 when the family had friends visiting late into the night. Ammons got up to check on her 12-year-old daughter. On hearing Ammons’ screams, Campbell ran to the room and saw the girl was levitating above the bed, unconscious, she said. ‘I thought, “What’s going on?”‘ Campbell said. “‘Why is this happening?”‘ The group prayed until the girl eventually moved back down on to the bed – but she could not remember anything about the incident. The visiting friends refused to return to the home. Ammons said that she was not financially in a position to move so instead had to endure the terror. The family contacted churches and clairvoyants – and while most would not listen, others gave them advice to wash the children’s hands with oil, make an altar in the basement and burn sage and sulfur throughout the house. The clairvoyants warned that the home was haunted by more than 200 demons, Ammons said. ...

Read More »

British Schoolgirl, 13, receives multi-million-pound payout after doctors injected her brain with GLUE

Maisha Najeeb will receive an initial £2.8m from Great Ormond Street Hospital after glue was accidentally injected into her brain. Maisha Najeeb has been left with permanent brain damage A girl who suffered catastrophic brain damage after a mix-up during treatment at Great Ormond Street Hospital has been awarded a multi-million pound damages payout. Maisha Najeeb was a healthy 10-year-old girl despite having a rare medical condition that involved her arteries and veins getting tangled. She had successfully received embolisation treatment – which involves injecting glue to block off bleeding blood vessels and an injection of a harmless dye to check the flow of blood around the brain – during hospital visits. But in June 2010 the two syringes were mixed up and glue was wrongly injected into the artery to Maisha’s brain, causing permanent brain damage. Solicitor Edwina Rawson said there was no system in place for distinguishing between the syringes. On Monday, Judge Birtles at London’s High Court approved a settlement against Great Ormond Street Hospital For Children NHS Trust of a £2.8m lump sum. There will be further payments of £383,000 a year until Maisha is 19, increasing to £423,000 per year for as long as she lives, which some experts expect to be to the age of 64. The trust, which admitted liability for Maisha’s injuries, repeated its unreserved apologies for the shortcomings in her care. It said her family had engaged open-heartedly with the trust, which had allowed staff to really learn from what happened to Maisha so that improvements could be made. Neil Block QC, said: “We can’t wind the clock back. We hope there are now systems and procedures in place to ensure such a tragic mistake cannot be made again. “While money can’t restore what Maisha has lost, we are sure a great burden has been lifted from the family by coming to the settlement we have.” Outside court, Maisha’s father Sadir Hussain, of Ilford, Essex, said: “We are sad and devastated by what happened to our daughter. Her life is ruined. All her dreams have been broken. “I hope that by bringing this case, lessons will have been learned to avoid this happening to other families. “We are grateful that agreement has been reached with Great Ormond Street to ensure that Maisha’s care needs are met.” The compensation will be spent on care and accommodation for Maisha, who needs assistance with all daily tasks day and night, is in a wheelchair and has lost the vast majority of her bodily and cognitive abilities. Sky News

Read More »

Woman killed herself after bombarding hairdresser with demands for appointment because she feared her hair had gone GINGER

A young woman killed herself after inundating her hairdresser with texts because she was worried her blonde hair had turned ginger. Frances Warren British office worker Frances Warren, 26, was anxious that her hair had turned yellow and texted her hairdresser 50 times begging for an appointment to get it fixed, an inquest has heard. After her stylist visited her in her home and attempted to correct her colour, the young woman vanished, the MailOnline reports. Tragically, her body was found two days later in dense woodland in Sedgley, West Midlands. In the days leading up to her death, Ms Warren had complained to her mother that she was upset about her hair colour and that her world was falling apart. Detective Constable Sue Pesticcio told Avon Coroner’s Court that Ms Warren “said things like wishing she was dead, she hated how she looked, she appeared to have lost all confidence and her appearance was everything”. On May 29, Ms Warren, who had seen a GP a fortnight earlier reporting signs of anxiety, told her mother she was feeling unwell and called in sick to work. After her parents went to work, Ms Warren repeatedly texted hairdresser Kelly Hill asking her to come to her home and look at her hair. Overnight, she had texted the hairdresser 50 times asking for another appointment to change her hair colour, the inquest heard. In a statement read to the court, the hairdresser said Ms Warren had “continuously called”. “She just wanted something done to get rid of the yellow and said she wanted to go dark,” Ms Hill said. “I told her I could put a toner on, which she could wash out if she didn’t like the colour. “I did warn her that it would look black to her because she was already so white from the bleach. Once I finished her hair she looked in the mirror and said she hated it. “She started to shake and appeared very stressed and freaked out by the look. I assured her it was not permanent and it would wash out. “She then asked me to bleach her hair but I said I couldn’t. “All of a sudden her mood changed and she became very calm and told me she just needed to go for a drive.” The hairdresser said: “I know people can be very particular about their hair but Frances couldn’t just see what everyone else saw.”

Read More »

Doves released in the Vatican are immediately attacked by seagull and crow

VATICAN CITY — Two white doves that were released by children standing alongside Pope Francis as a peace gesture have been attacked by other birds. Go: Pope Francis is joined by two children who release doves during the Angelus Prayer in St. Peter’s Square Not getting away: A dove which was freed by children flanked by Pope Francis is attacked by a seagull Watch out: A dove which was freed by children flanked by Pope Francis is chased by a black crow Crow fought the wings of a dove: While speaking at the window beforehand, Francis had appealed for peace in Ukraine, where anti-government protesters have died As tens of thousands of people watched in St. Peter’s Square on Sunday, a seagull and a large black crow swept down on the doves right after they were set free from an open window of the Apostolic Palace. After saying a prayer for Ukraine, where at least three people were killed during the latest clashes that have seen Kiev in flames, the Pontiff helped schoolchildren release the doves from the window of the Apostolic Palace as a peace gesture. But they were immediately attacked. The seagull pinned one of the doves against the wall of the palace and pecked at its tail, but was left with a mouthful of feathers as its victim made an escape. The crow caught the smaller bird unawares, as it rested on a windowsill, before pecking at it repeatedly.  Again, the victim managed to get away. Eventually both doves flew off, seemingly uninjured, to the relief of tens of thousands of onlookers. The release of the birds concludes the Vatican’s annual  Caravan of Peace event. Last year one of the doves was set upon by a gull, while in 2012 they simply flew back into the Apostolic Apartments. While speaking at the window beforehand, Francis had appealed for peace in Ukraine, after at least three people were killed during the latest clashes in the two-month crisis. Police and demonstrators in Kiev fought again as protests against President Viktor Yanukovich’s abrupt turn away from the European Union towards Russia, Ukraine’s former Soviet overlord. ‘I am close to Ukraine in prayer, in particular to those who have lost their lives in recent days and to their families,’ Francis said in his weekly Angelus in St Peter’s Square. ‘I hope that a constructive dialogue between the institutions and civil society can take place, that any resort to violence is avoided and that the spirit of peace and a search for the common good is in the hearts of all.’ The mass rallies against President Yanukovich’s rule erupted last November after he pulled out of a free trade deal with the European Union in favour of closer economic ties with Russia. They have since spiralled into protests against misrule and corruption among Ukraine’s leaders and officials. There have been violent clashes with police in Kiev city centre, resulting in the death of three protesters last week, two from gunshot wounds. Agencies

Read More »

Japanese firm bring out frilly floral lingerie for MEN

A NEW range of lingerie has been released by an online retailer full of colourful bras and frilly knickers – all for men. These bras, knickers and silky nighties, from Japanese retailer Wish Room Men’s, are actually intended for men In one of the newest crazes in Japan, fashion designers have created a new range of sexy garments for men set to arrive in stores in February. The underwear features all the lace and underwiring you might expect to find in a woman’s collection Company Wish Room, who have been making the underwear since 2008, said they want me to have the chance to ‘enjoy the same kind of soft, luxurious undergarments that women are used to’. The range is designed directly for men with special fits for larger frames and the bras have dropped the padding to give men an easy fit without it feeling “unnatural”. Wish Room representative Masayuki Tsuchiya, who wears the label’s products, told Reuters: “I like this tight feeling. It feels good.” In response, thousands debated the merits of men wearing bras on Mixi, Japan’s top social network website Sellers told men that the lingerie, which is soon to be available in green and pink, will “make you feel more gentle”. Executive Director Akiko Okunomiya said she was surprised that so many men seemed interested in the new products. She said: “I think more and more men are becoming interested in bras. “Since we launched the men’s bra, we’ve been getting feedback from customers saying, ‘Wow, we’d been waiting for this for such a long time’” New underwear has been a big craze in Japan with designers in 2008 creating a solar-powered bra that was claimed to be able to charge an iPod. But this is just another idea added to a list of wacky Japanese sexual fantasies. In November, the first vibrator bar was opened in Tokyo. Vibe Bar hosts 300 vibrators behind the drinks bar with the concept behind being “see, touch, and feel”. Elsewhere, cuddle cafes were opened to let tired businessman come to sleep with an absolute stranger for less than £35 for an hour. The pricing goes all the way up to 10 hours for those that really need a good rest. There are also still used panties vending machines on the streets of Tokyo. It is not legal in Japan to sell them – anymore – but some can still be found. Daily Star

Read More »

You tried to bring WHAT on a plane? TSA reveals shocking weapons passengers tried to sneak on board … including a medieval-looking mace, fake…

The U.S. transport police have released a shocking list of weapons confiscated from passengers trying to board planes in the past year. Concealed: The TSA confiscated an average of five guns a day at airports across the U.S. last year Unexpected: A bazooka round that was found inside a bag The deadly haul of weapons, from maces and fake suicide vests, to an assortment of concealed guns and knives, was listed in the annual review of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Officers discovered the assortment of guns and knives as they screened 638,705,790 passengers at airports across the U.S. Concern: A suicide vest found in a checked bag. Officers discovered it was inactive and belonged to an explosives instructor Guns were the most frequently confiscated item, with 1,813 firearms – roughly five a day – found during passenger checks at 205 airports. Medieval: A wood and metal mace was found at a Chicago airport More worryingly, the TSA said that in about 80 per cent of cases, the guns were loaded. The largest number were found at Atlanta’s international airport, with Dallas/Fort Worth International coming in second, according to the Huffington Post. Chilling: Parts of a human skull were found inside a clay pot much to the surprise of officers and the owners Explosive: A selection of blast equipment removed from bags In one case officers found a .380 pistol, loaded with eight rounds, that had been strapped to the lower leg of a passenger. At Boston Logan airport, an alarm on a checked bag alerted officers to a disassembled 30-30 rifle concealed in the bag lining. When they ran checks on the serial number they discovered it had been stolen. A shotgun was also found in a checked golf bag in Detroit, and seven undeclared firearms were found in a toolbox in Miami. As well as guns, passengers were also found to have stun guns, shock grenades, flare guns, inert demolition devices and, in one case, a Second World War bazooka, in their carry on bags. At Chicago’s Midway International, TSA officials even found a medieval wood and metal mace. Often seemingly innocent looking items such as pens, combs and walking stalks were found to conceal an array of knives and swords. And cigarette packets and lipsticks were used to try to conceal stun guns and pepper spray

Read More »