John Magufuli Inaugurates Kigamboni Bridge

Kigamboni – Tanzanian President John Magufuli inaugurated earlier today the longest cable-stay bridge in East Africa in Kigamboni.

The bridge took about four years to complete. It is 680 meters long and is build up with the internal funds under Public Private Partnership (PPP). The government contributed 40 percent of the expenses while National Social Security Fund (NSSF) arranged the remaining 60 percent of the fund.

Magufuli urged ‘wananchi’ to give proper protection to the bridge as it is constructed using taxpayers’ money.

He also proposed the bridge to be named after Father of Nation – Nyerere, for his outstanding leadership.

The president added the new sea cross bridge will help in stimulating the economy of Dar es Salaam and also the country as a whole.

Magufuli congratulated former president Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete for his commitment as well as efforts in building up the bridge.

Currently the bridge is called as Kigamboni Bridge and it is next to the Mkapa Bridge and Unity Bridge in terms of length.

Te Unity Bridge connects Tanzania with Mozambique. It is 720 meters in length and the second longest in East Africa.

Do share your views whether the name proposed by the president for the bridge is perfect or you want the name to be different. Also, how you feel the bridge would improve the economy of Dar es Salaam further. Use the below given comment box for sharing your believes and views with us and fellow readers.

TG Facebook Comments